How are newspapers facing challenges during this economic crisis ?
The current economic crisis has had a ripple effect throughout the european newspaper industry. Advertising revenue for print newspapers is falling, resulting in loss of jobs and reduced circulation. This means that publications have had to find new ways to remain competitive - from offering digital subscriptions, to launching projects with European Union funding. At the same time, non-newspaper sources such as online platforms and social media are providing more news coverage than ever before. This means that newspapers need to adapt their content and delivery methods in order to stay relevant. Whether it's through utilizing multimedia platforms to engage readers in real-time, or providing exclusive content formats such as video, they must find ways to draw readers away from competing sources. dateMust read
- Printing Digital Money: Newspaper's Guide to an Internet, Mobile, Email and Print Business Model - Eric Buskirk Mba
- Internet Newspapers: The Making of a Mainstream Medium - Xigen Li
- The Newspapers Handbook - Richard Keeble
- Newspapers: A Complete Guide to the Industry - Mike Farrell
- Magazine Production - Jason Whittaker