What can be done to ensure that European newspapers remain competitive ?
One way in which european newspapers can remain competitive is through gaining support from governments and other organizations. For example, Germany's "Tag der Zeitungen" is aimed at promoting quality journalism through events and competitions, while the European Union has provided funding for projects such as the aforementioned "Project Jornalismo de Qualidade", which focuses on supporting smaller publications with funding for high quality projects. In addition, newspapers should also embrace digital platforms in order to reach new audiences. Utilizing social media to engage readers in real-time, or creating innovative content formats such as video or interactive features can help them compete with non-newspaper sources. This means that they should be willing to embrace new technologies and techniques in order to remain competitive. dateMust read
- Printing Digital Money: Newspaper's Guide to an Internet, Mobile, Email and Print Business Model - Eric Buskirk Mba
- Internet Newspapers: The Making of a Mainstream Medium - Xigen Li
- The Newspapers Handbook - Richard Keeble
- Newspapers: A Complete Guide to the Industry - Mike Farrell
- Magazine Production - Jason Whittaker